New UI for creating entries not as quick and efficient as before

Hi,

I’ve been using the pro version now for many many years.

I use the fields “url” or “place” (or whatever this is in english), too. I need most of the times the “place” field for an entry. Now I have to click on large icons on the left to be able to do that, instead of using , i.e. the keyboard. That unfortuantly slows down using Rainlendar - which I do all day.

Edit: same goes for alarm settings - and not as important: using multiple calendars.

I would really appreciate an option to switch back to the old UI; the user , not the program should choose, which fields are important and used.

Thanks for the program, anyway!

I don’t know what changed but the old version broke down completely on Linux so I had to recreate the UI. So, unfortunately there is no going back to the old version. But I could investigate if it would be possible to make the dialog somehow configurable so you could choose what is visible where.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

To make the dialog somehow configurable so you could choose what is visible where would be very nice.

I don’t really care what our looks like as long as I don’t have to click around to much.

Just want to throw in my 2 cents and say that I completely approve Sven2’s idea. You did what you had to do, Rainy, but while the new thing is more compact, it’s also way more cumbersome :frowning:

I appreciate the positive response to the suggestion. As someone who works in many different venues as a freelance musician having the event location available to edit in the “Common Properties” pane would not only be a convenience but would also help ensure that I don’t overlook this rather important detail :smiley:

If I might add one more suggestion that would be a help regardless of which pane this appears in and which should be feasible: can the dropdown list of stored locations be sorted by frequency instead of recency? Alphabetically? Could this be user selected? Could the list be displayed starting at the top? It currently seems to be displayed from somewhere in the middle and I have to scroll up to see the first entries. I currently have Rainlendar set to store 30 entries.