Old view of appointment instead the new one, where the alarm setting is in a tab

Hey there,
I have now the newest version of rainlendar, but I dont like the view of making a appointment.
I want to have setting the alarms back on the main page and not going on the tab to set the alarms for the appointment.

Is there setting for this?

Unfortunately the old editor broke on Linux so I had to recreate it. So, the old version is not available anymore. I’ll see if there is something that can be done to the alarm location.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I got back to 2.18 because 2.19 had also weird bugs on my computer. Like duplicate entries or I couldn’t write the letter s (only in the create appointment window).

I also like the old template for adding an event. everything’s necessary Was on the first page And if you needed to change you could go to the tabs at the top. Is there any way that we can get that back?

Unfortunately, I have to chime in to the tune, the new changes in the UI (moving General, Additional and Recurrence as sidetabs) for events feels really odd and bloated. Why not using horizontal tabs instead? Vertically, a lot of screen estate is wasted and it distracts the eye from the center of attention, which should be the Event Name (why is this called Summary anway?) and the Event Details (called Description?).

Don’t get me wrong, Rainlendar is a blast! Thanks for your hard work.

Same here. Thank you for your great program. I would also like to set the alarm on the first “page” of the dialog, as before.

There will be an option to move it back to the general tab in the next version.

2 Likes

Do you have an ETA for the next version? It would save me a lot of mouse clicks!

Yes, thank you! Does that also go for location? Because it’s the same problem, I mentioned that in another thread earlier.
But thanks for listening!

I’m hoping to get a release out next week but can’t say for sure.

In the next version you can arrange all fields between the two tabs whichever way you like so the location field can be moved too.

1 Like

@Rainy Thank you really very much for doing this. I will be using the new version from now on, just tried - it’s working! Thanks again!

Unfortunately, this feature is not working for me. I have selected “General” for the Alarms optiopn in the Customize dialog, but the Alarms are still shown on the Additional tab, even after restarting Rainlendar2.

(BTW, I have only just seen a post that mentioned a new version - 2.20.1 - is available. I was waiting for a notification of a new version, but the “Check for Updates” feature was also broken in 2.19.2; but I see that you already know that. Is it fixed in 2.20.1?)

Note that there are different settings for the task and event editors so make sure to change both of them.

The fix for “Check for updates” is not yet in 2.20.1.

1 Like

I was, as you guessed, changing only one (and by luck it was the “wrong” one). I don’t use the Tasks feature.

Thank you!