Snoozed event alerts sometimes don't reappear

I’ve been noticing this for a few months now, but it’s taken me a while to be really confident that there’s a problem and I’m not just accidentally dismissing alerts. I’m now pretty confident, though, that sometimes I’m “snoozing” an alert and it just never reappears, which has caused me to miss a few important things as the later reminder didn’t trigger.

I’m using Rainlendar Pro 64 bit, 2.20.1 (although I think this issue was present in earlier versions, I updated a couple of months back in case that solved it, but it hasn’t), Windows 10, calendars are all stored on Google Calendar.

Is there any way to set Rainlendar to log all alerts, dismissed alerts, and snoozed alerts? That would seem the best way to prove that I’m not imagining this - if I can show there’s a log for a snoozed alert but no corresponding alert at the later time, that would show something is going on. Or alternatively, is there likely to be something I’m doing wrong which would cause this issue?

There is no special log just for the alarms but you can track them from the Manager window. If you hover over the event’s alarm icon it will show if the alarm is snoozed and when it will pop up again.

If you manage to find out some way to reproduce the problem where you snooze the alarm but it doesn’t appear in the manager as snoozed or the alarm window doesn’t pop up, please share the steps and I’ll take a look at the issue.

Okay, this is an alarm which is set to recur every three weeks. You can see it’s set to fire again in seven days. But the last dismissed date is back on 22 December. If I understand correctly, there should definitely be either a dismissed or snoozed notification in the last two weeks, as it must have triggered two weeks ago, but there isn’t.

To expand a little - this obviously doesn’t happen every time, but the way I use rainlendar for reminders is I set them to alarm a week or so out, and then snooze them repeatedly until I get around to them. In this case, after a number of snoozes, the alarm just stops firing. But I’m not sure how to replicate it, hence I wondered if additional logging might help. I can make notes of each snooze manually, of course, but that’s not really proving anything!

There is a limit how far past Rainlendar will check the alarms. By default the setting is set to 7 days so if the alarm is further back than that it will be automatically removed from the list of active alarms. If this is the reason why the alarm disappears you can increase the Options->Advanced->“Hide from alarm after days” setting.

Ah - I expect that’s it, where my laziness has caused me to defer things too long! Many thanks, I’ll try extending that setting.